MySOUTH Once enrolled at South, see 5 steps to enroll if needed, students then login to their MySouth account with their Student ID number (SID) and Personal ID number (PIN) to: update their personal information confirm registration date make advising appointments plan and view class schedule register, add and drop classes check f
Once enrolled at South, see 5 steps to enroll if needed, students then login to their MySouth account with their Student ID number (SID) and Personal ID number (PIN) to:
- update their personal information
- confirm registration date
- make advising appointments
- plan and view class schedule
- register, add and drop classes
- check financial aid status
- pay tuition online
- view grades and unofficial transcript
- create educational plan and track progress
- and many more student online services, http://seattlecolleges.edu/studentportal/
Two weeks, prior to the start of each quarter, enrolled students are added to their Canvas courses. IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Online courses are published by the teacher before the end of the first day of the quarter.
- Hybrid and Web Enhanced courses may not be published on the first day of the quarter.
- Contact your course instructor for all course information (the course syllabus, etc.) http://seattlecolleges.edu/district/employeedirectory/directorysearch.aspx
New students can login to Canvas two weeks before a quarter begins. At that time, please go to https://canvas.southseattle.edu and use your SID as your username and your default password needs to be the first 8 characters of your last name. If you're name is shorter than 8, please repeat until you reach 8. If you have a hyphen in your name, please drop the hyphen.
Learn about Canvas for students here, https://southseattle.instructure.com/courses/800181
CONTACT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Please contact your instructor for all course information. To find your teacher's email address, please go to District's Employee Directory, http://seattlecolleges.edu/district/employeedirectory/directorysearch.aspx
Most, but not all, courses are delivered via Canvas. For example, many Math classes use their textbook's online instructional services, rather than Canvas. The following are three official course types typically found in Canvas:
- Fully Online: All instruction occurs online and instruction is typically asynchronous (not live)
- Hybrid: Scheduled required campus attendance with required online instruction, as well
- Web Enhanced: Scheduled, required campus attendance and the instructor distributes course info via the web, as well
(2) .EDU ACCOUNTS
Each enrolled student gets two educational email accounts:
__.__@SeattleColleges.edu is a Microsoft Office 365 account and is required to use campus computers and available only during a student's actively enrolled quarter. Please initialize this account on the first day of the quarter by going to this web page: https://tools.seattlecolleges.edu you will need the SID and PIN credentials sent to you when you enrolled.
- __xxx@SouthSeattle.edu is a Google Suite for Education account and is a bonus account with unlimited drive space that lasts beyond your enrollment, if desired.
ONLINE TRAINING LIBRARY
Each enrolled student has access to the professional development Lynda Training Library. Learn how to request access to your Lynda training library here, http://sites.southseattle.edu/lynda
Thank you for using SSC's Instructional Services: Support Center to
help get you ready for your upcoming quarter!